“Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.” (Phillipians 4:8 NRSV)
It has been an emotional roller coaster this week so I really want to focus on some moments that made me happy… Life is so much better when I think about these things.
1. We went to the Newman Center Spring Formal! The evening began with Mass followed by dinner and dancing. The dance took place outside in the courtyard under the stars and twinkle lights. It was a lovely night that reminded me just how fun it can be to twirl.
2. The kiddos are each keeping track of a baseball team this year. They really enjoy this simple activity plus it is great for handwriting and math. #easyhomeschoolingforthewin
3. The kids and I tried out a local chicken and waffles restaurant. We loved it! The kiddos ate every last maple syrup covered bite. It also turned out that it was “Kids Eat Free After 4” day and they generously gave me the deal even though it was lunch time. Of course, they won my heart and my business forever. Well played, waffle place.
4. That reminds me! People have been so generous to us. One day last week, I was desperate for a coffee while taking Allie to ballet. The car in front of us paid for my drink! Then, a friend came to visit and gifted us with Chick-fil-A. I feel a little spoiled.
5. The Read Aloud Revival hosted a live stream event with beloved author/illustrator Tomie dePaola! We were thrilled to participate in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I have always loved Tomie’s books and Allie is so inspired by his artwork. It was delightful to watch her “meet” him onscreen and learn more about his work.
6. I absolutely adore watching these two together. Allie is the best big sister ever and I don’t think a day goes by where she doesn’t let us all know how much she loves our baby. I hope they always have a special bond. Speaking of adorable babies…
7. It has been 7 months with sweetness and we are all in love. She is starting to crawl and get into things (i.e. markers someone didn’t think she could reach) so things are about to get even more crazy around here. Wish us luck! :)